Effective March 20, 2017
At Healthy Living OKC, we have adopted policies, procedures, rules and regulations (“Member & Guest Policy") designed to provide for the safe, enjoyable and healthy use of our premises and events by you - our members and guests.
These policies apply to your conduct on Healthy Living OKC’s premises, which include its Center and all outdoor areas, including its parking lots and sidewalks ("premises") or any use of Healthy Living OKC’s online, mobile or interactive offerings or websites. They also apply to your conduct during its programs, training, events or other Healthy Living OKC sponsored activities on or off the premises ("events").
These policies supplement those posted or otherwise provided in our Center, or at our events. We may adopt policies applicable to a single event. In some instances, the law may establish different requirements applicable to certain events and may not be called out here. To the extent of a conflict with other policies, the more restrictive policy applies.
If you violate any of these policies, your membership or center access may be suspended or terminated. Our decision on all questions regarding construction or interpretation of these policies is final.
We may change these policies at any time without notice in our sole discretion. You may find the most recent version of these policies at https://healthylivingokc.com/member-guest-policy/ (this page). As a member or guest of Healthy Living OKC, you are responsible to review and comply with these policies.
• Couple (two individuals, living in the same household).
• Dependent – any individual who meets the age criteria within the same household.
• Group memberships – please contact the business office for information regarding groups.
• 50 years old is the lower age limit.
• All memberships are pre-paid each month.
• Payments are made via authorized bank or credit card draft. Drafts will occur on the 5th of each month.
• Joining mid-month will require a partial payment (amount per day). At the start of the next month the monthly draft will begin.
• Membership extensions are granted for medical reasons with written proof of illness or injury. Please contact the business office as soon as possible.
• Membership extensions may be granted but will be reviewed on an individual basis.
• Memberships may be terminated at any time by contacting the business office. Written notice must be given to the business office before the 1st of each month, to stop the draft process.
• Federal poverty guidelines will be used to calculate payment structure in the event an individual is unable to pay the monthly dues. Proof of income will be required.
• Should the need arise, payment options may be considered on an individual basis.
• The business office will receive notification of non-payment if your draft does not go through. This may be due to non-sufficient funds, new credit card, or change of bank account. We will contact you for the updated information so the payment can be processed.
• In the event, we do not receive a response from you, your membership will be terminated.
Payment for Classes
• Any class that is a “for fee” class, must be pre-paid to secure a spot and to allow for instructor planning.
• Guest fee is $10 per visit (day pass)
• All guests are expected to fill out a guest information form prior to exercising or attending any classes.
• Guests may accompany a member one time for no charge. Thereafter, the daily guest rate will be charged.
• Excluding the Healthy Living OKC Cafe, the Healthy Living OKC center and its programs, services, amenities, benefits, programs, classes, events, are for members only or guests of members as permitted by our Guest Policy.
• All members should provide the staff with up to date medical information. All new members will fill out a medical Par-Q form that will better assist staff in guiding the member to the appropriate exercise program.
• If the member is not participating in the fitness classes or workout room, information from this form will not affect attendance.
• If the member is going to use the exercise components of the facility and the Par-Q answers indicate a medical concern, additional medical information or a release from the physician will be required before participation in any activities is allowed.
• If you have been unable to exercise due to an extended illness or injury, an evaluation/consultation will be required before you may return to your program.
To cancel membership or participation in a program/service:
• We must receive your written cancellation notice within five (5) business days of the date you purchased the program or classes or at any time before your first session has been serviced, whichever is later.
• Cancellation notice received after your first session will not be refunded.
• Unused sessions expire one year from purchase.
• Refunds are not available for a scheduled session that you fail to attend.
• We will provide a refund or credit for programs or classes that we cancel if we cannot find a suitable alternative for the registrant.
• Please check in at the front desk on arrival. If you have a guest with you, they must fill out a guest form prior to using any areas of the facility or attending a class.
• Any member who needs additional assistance will need to hire a personal trainer for training on the exercise floor. All trainers meet the Facility qualifications and have a current contract with the Facility
• Any member or guest who is using another part of the facility or attending a group fitness or educational class, may have their caretaker assist.
• Drop offs – unless coming to attend a program or training session with someone who will provide specific oversight, a special needs member may not be dropped off at the facility and left on their own (unless they are capable of being on their own).
• Appropriate workout clothing must be worn. Shorts, t-shirts, warm-ups or any loose clothing will suffice.
• Shirts must cover the entire upper body (no half shirts or bra tops).
• Closed toe shoes must be worn (exceptions are the swimming pool or group fitness class that suggests no shoes).
• No vulgarity or inappropriate slogans, etc. on clothing.
• Good hygiene is expected of all members and guests.
• Please refrain from wearing any type of perfume, essential oils or fragrant lotions. As you warm up, the scent becomes stronger and may cause negative reactions to other members and instructors.
• Closed toed shoes must be worn always.
• Please return all equipment to the appropriate area after use. etc.
• Do not drop dumbbells.
• Please observe any time limits on any of the equipment. These restrictions primarily apply to the busy hours.
• Please do not “rest” on the machines in between sets or between use of the two grips. Allow others to “work in”.
• You may clean off the equipment prior to use with the provided towels and cleaning solution.
• If you perspire heavily, please wipe off the equipment after you are done.
• If you are unfamiliar with how to use any equipment, please ask for assistance from the staff.
• Please refrain from using cell phones while using the exercise equipment.
• Hand towels will be available to use as “sweat” towels. Please place in dirty towel bins as you leave.
• Some classes are included in the facility membership, others are offered at a nominal fee.
• Current schedules are available at the front desk and online on our website.
• All group classes are available to non-members on a fee per visit basis.
• Appropriate shoes must be worn always.
• Please return all equipment to the appropriate area after use.
• If you see a great deal of sweat or any kind of fluid on the floor, let a staff member know so we can clean it up.
• There are NO Lifeguards on duty. (Area is monitored by a surveillance system)
• You must shower prior to use of the pool.
• Do not attempt to enter the pool if you need assistance to do so.
• Appropriate swim wear should be worn. No t-shirts or shorts with fraying or loose threads allowed.
• You will need to provide your own bath towel.
• Please do not utilize any of the equipment without authorization/permission from an instructor.
• There will designated “lab” times for the arts and crafts room. Please sign up for a time at the front desk.
• Any “open” room in the facility may be used when not in use with a class, etc.
• All items utilized must be returned to their storage location.
• Lights and equipment must be turned off when finished.
• The lounge area is provided for you to relax and visit with others. Magazines and a daily paper will be provided for your reading pleasure. Please do not remove these items from this area.
• Coffee and beverages are available. Please clean up after yourself.
• We appreciate that you might choose to celebrate different occasions with your fitness center friends. If you would like to do so, please let the staff know in advance so we can assist in making sure your celebration is successful. No “leftovers” may be left sitting out for others. It must all be cleaned up after and removed.
• Appropriate behavior is expected in all areas of the locker rooms.
• Please clean up after yourself.
• Lockers are available for use daily. You may use your own lock to lock your personal belongings in the lockers. All items must be removed each day.
• At the end of the day, all locks left on lockers will be cut off and items removed.
• Items left in lockers and unclaimed after 30 days, will be donated to charity.
• Rooms and areas are available for rent either during the day or off hours when the facility is not open for membership activities.
• Rates for rental are determined based on the space requested. Please visit with the business office for rates for specific areas.
• Please contact the front desk if you have an interest in volunteering at the facility.
• All volunteers must go through the ‘hiring’ process including all background checks, etc.
• Healthy Living OKC has a no solicitation policy. You may not solicit, whether in person or in writing, any members, guests or Team Members on the premises or during off-premises events. This includes but is not limited to solicitations for political or religious purposes, media interviews, business opportunities, or competitive products or services.
• Professional photography and recording of video on the premises is not allowed without the advance approval of the Healthy Living OKC. Personal photography is allowed in public areas of the club only. You must have consent to photograph any other member, guest or team member. No photography or cameras of any kind are allowed in any locker room, restroom, service rooms, or other private area of the center.
• In the event there is a medical emergency, local emergency medical services (911) will be activated.
• In this instance, it is expected you will provide these personnel adequate space to do their job.
• If you are injured while on the premises, please seek immediate assistance from a Healthy Living OKC team member. A team member can provide or arrange for appropriate medical assistance and will complete an incident report.
• The facility staff is trained in procedures to follow in the event of a fire. It is expected that all members and guests will immediately follow directions provided by the staff and any emergency personnel.
• The facility staff is trained in procedures to follow in the event there is need for evacuation. It is expected that all members and guests will immediately follow directions provided by the staff and any emergency personnel.
• In the event of inclement weather, the facility will provide shelter for those already in the building. This building is NOT considered a community shelter. It is expected that all members and guests will immediately follow directions provided by the staff.
• If the weather is such that the facility should close, we will post notices on the doors as well as a special message on the phone. In addition, we will post the information on our website. The phone message and website info will be updated as time passes and the weather information is updated.
• Weapons, of any kind, are not allowed on the premises for any reason.
• Unless approved by management, no food is allowed within the facility.
• Prepackaged snack bars are allowed in the fitness center/fitness lounge area only
• Drinks must be in a closed lid container.
• You must receive approval from management in the case you want to celebrate an occasion. You must clean up after the celebration.
• The Adult Healthy Living facility has a “no smoking” policy. This includes the main building as well as parking lots and all surrounding grounds.
• You may not consume alcohol on the premises. You may not use our equipment, services or programs while under the influence of alcohol.
• An exception would be identified in a room/facility rental agreement. This exception occurs only during the time of the rental.
• You may not use, possess or sell any illegal drug on the premises. You may not use our equipment, services or programs while under the influence of illegal drugs. You should not use, or should stop using, any equipment, service or program if your prescription medication adversely impacts or influences your ability to safely use it.
• Only service animals performing their duty in the care of a person who requires its assistance or is an on-duty law enforcement animal ("exempt animals") are allowed. All exempt animals must be licensed, vaccinated and have identification tags (where applicable); must remain leashed or caged and under a responsible person's control; and must be removed immediately if it causes a disturbance, interrupts the work of others or poses a health or safety risk to those who are exposed to it. The animal's owner must promptly remove animal waste and is liable for any damage caused by the animal.
• Handicapped parking is available near the front of the facility. Please display your decal indicating this designation. Speed limit in the parking lot is 5 mph.
• If you are not feeling well, please let a staff member know immediately. Or, ask another member to let the staff know.
• If you have any questions about how to use equipment or the schedules, etc., please ask a staff member.
• If you know of any broken equipment or problem in the facility, please let a staff member know so we can take care of the problem. We appreciate your help!
• Every effort is made to create a safe and comfortable environment for all. However, in all areas of the facility, you participate at your own risk.
• The facility reserves the right to cancel any class due to insufficient enrollment. Every effort will be made to contact those who did sign up prior to the start of the class.
• The facility is not responsible for items lost, stolen or damaged. Valuables should not be left in lockers or sitting out in the locker rooms. Items turned in and not claimed within 30 days will be donated to a local charity.
• Cell phones should be used in the lobby area only. Please limit time and volume of your conversation.
• All members, guests and participants are expected to behave appropriately.
• No vulgar language is accepted.
• Disagreements should be handled between the people involved. If not resolved, management will assist. Each instance will be handled on a case by case basis. Three strike rule – if we need to discuss inappropriate behavior often, third instance results in loss of membership.
• Flagrant behavior will result in immediate removal from the facility and termination of membership.